An exciting opportunity has arisen for a key role within our Finance Team. We are seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join our busy team in Kirkham.
You will be the lead escalation point for the relationship management teams for their customers with payment difficulties. You will provide these customers with exceptional service and support to enable the effective resolution of arrears.
You will also be an active figure in the wider finance team and will have the opportunity for real career growth.
This a part-time, permanent position based on 20hours per week. Alternate hours can be discussed for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, collaborative and commercially focused with an eye for detail. Training and ongoing support will be continuously available.
- Building relationships with internal and external clients to facilitate settlement of outstanding bills in line with terms of business
- Dealing with, escalating and managing queries raised by clients through to conclusion.
- Regular meetings and calls with customers, relationship managers and other stakeholders to agree action plans for accounts under your management.
- Generating invoices, creating journals and purchase orders.
- Setting up payments via Direct Debit and Global Iris payment system.
- Checking and issuing of statements and payment requests to our customers.
- Weekly debtor reporting and provisioning.
- Other ad-hoc duties in relation to finance duties.
- Payment allocations
- Liaising with our third party companies to issues legal proceedings when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Polite, professional telephone manner
- Previous accountancy and office skills required
- The ability to input data and maintain accurate records – Attention to detail is essential
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude
- Previous credit control experience – Desirable
No less than 20 hours per week
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary: £20,000.00 -22,000.00 p.a
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com